• Job Type: Full Time
• Job Title: Billing Clerk
• Job Field: Medical / Health
Role of Purpose
Plainsview Hospital, a leading health care institution in Kiambu County has excellent career opportunity for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful applicant will participate in Formulation, Reviewing and Implementation of the Hospital’s credit control procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- To accurately generate billing statements for clients.
- Review the cost sheet of discharged patients for accuracy and completion in order to prepare billing statements.
- Prepare billing statements for insurance companies, patients and other third parties. Process refunds for overpaid accounts.
- Prepare reports and respond to inquiries concerning billing activities.
- Establish payment arrangements with patients; monitor payments; following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Communicate with patients and/or health insurance companies on a regular basis to ensure all invoices are paid on time.
- Analyze invoices and data.
- Serve and protect the hospital’s image by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures.
- Knowledge, Skills and abilities and understanding of how to read medical invoices and coding language. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical billing software. Knowledge of medical documentation evaluation.
- Attention to Detail.
- Verifying insurance, patients accounts, and answering balance questions
- Making notations on encounter forms, posting all procedures using current CPT codes, and preparing claims
- Must have ability to multi-task and be organized. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills. Strong problem solving and sound judgment skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication and IT skills will be added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and unsupervised.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Diploma in relevant field.
- 2+ years of medical billing, DME or pharmacy billing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Demonstrated high level of organization and ability to multi-task
- Experience with payment posting, appeals, customer service and follow-up
- Experience with training personnel
- Knowledge of payer guidelines- specifically government and commercial payers
- Overpayment/credit experience.
- Knowledge in accounting software (Excel & SPS) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) to
Human Resources Office
Plainsview Nursing Home Ltd
P.O. Box 208 – 00232,
Ruiru OR firstname.lastname@example.org not later than July 20th 2021. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names, I.D No. and contact details of 3 referees.
- Ensure to attach three of the latest pay slips and National ID
- ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
Plainsview Nursing Home is an equal opportunity employer.