- Job Field: Medical / Health
- Job Type: Full Time
- Department: Clinical Services
- Section/Unit: Radiology and Imaging Services
- Location: Ruiru
- Job Title: Radiographer
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Radiographer’s main responsibility will be to operate diagnostic equipment e.g. X-ray and Ultrasound to examine patients for an illness or an accident.
- Provide radiography and imaging services to patient in the radiography and imaging unit of the hospital.
- Collaborate with other radiography and imaging staff in providing radiography and imaging services to patients in the hospital.
- Collaborate with other diagnostic and clinical practitioners in the hospital to offer comprehensive medical care to patients.
- Receive patients referred for imaging services from other medical units and schedule their imaging services in the radiographer unit of the hospital.
- Provide support and collaboration in the provision of radiography services to staff, interns and students in the Radiography unit of the hospital.
- Implement radiation safety policies and guidelines for quality and regulated service delivery.
- Evaluate patient’s medical condition and history to determine most suitable radiographic technique for diagnosis.
- Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns regarding an imaging procedure
- Adjust diagnostic equipment to deliver accurate amount of radiation to patients
- Holder of a Diploma in a medical imaging science/ sonography Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC or a recognized institution.
- A Higher Diploma in Medical imaging Sciences (Ultrasound) from a recognized institution an added advantage.
- Must be able to perform X-Ray and all Ultrasound examinations.
- At least one year after internship working experience as Radiographer in a busy hospital.
- Registered with Radiation Protection Board with valid practice License.
- Good computer skills and ability to determine correct procedures and perform a variety of clinical imaging
- Display excellent communication (written and verbal).
Compassionate care, Patient Centered, Teamwork, Service excellence, Results Oriented, Analytical skills, Reliability with demonstrated interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism Integrity, honesty, ethics and integrity.
Eligible candidates are requested to email their application letters, CV and copy of their certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Sunday 24th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Plainsview Nursing Home is an equal opportunity employer.