TB Reach Clinician: JG ‘J’ – 1 Position
Location: Kiambu County (Ruiru)
Summary of the project.
TB Reach project is one-year project that is implemented by NTLDP to find people with TB through private providers by creating diagnostic hub in selected urban centers in Kenya. NTLD-P will place Xpert MTB/RIF to fast track TB diagnosis for people with presumptive TB referred from nearby networks of chemists, private clinics and nursing home
The TB Reach clinician will be based at the diagnostic hub and will report to two levels; facility in charge at the hospital and TB Reach coordinator at the national level. S/He will be mainly responsible for implementation of TB Reach activities at the county by ensuring that project activities are implemented in a timely manner in line with the stipulated guidelines in the approved TB REACH grant.
- Ensures that pre-established work scope, project documents, and regulatory requirements are followed.
- Act as a link between the hub and the referral spokes
- Ensures that all patients/samples that have been referred from the spokes are received at the hub and have been tested by GeneXpert.
- Ensures that all results from the hub have been relayed to the referring spokes
- Ensures that all patients with a confirmatory TB diagnosis have been referred to an appropriate treatment site and follow them up during the period of treatment for outcomes
- Reports activities, progress and project-related events/problems to TB Reach coordinator
- In liaison with the laboratory technologist, account for all patients/samples that have been referred to the hub
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing.
- At least one year working experience.
- Working in TB clinic and previous project experience will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow project-specific procedures and guidelines reliably.
- Ability to multi-task and take on different roles as needed
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer technology including word processing (e.g. Microsoft Word), email and basic data entry (e.g. Microsoft Excel).
Eligible candidates are requested to email their application letters, CV and copy of their certificates to: email@example.com on or before Wednesday 26th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Plainsview Nursing Home is an equal opportunity employer.