Summary of the project.
TB Reach project is one-year project that is implemented by NTLDP to find people with TB through private providers by creating diagnostic hub in selected urban centers in Kenya. NTLD-P will place Xpert MTB/RIF to fast tracked TB diagnosis for people with presumptive TB referred from nearby networks of chemists, private clinics and nursing homes.
Overall Job Summary.
The TB Reach laboratory technologist will be based at the diagnostic hub and will report to two levels; facility in charge at the hospital and TB Reach coordinator at the national level. S/He will ensure that TB Reach activities are implemented in a timely manner in line with the stipulated guidelines in the approved TB REACH grant.
- Ensures that pre-established work scope, project documents, and regulatory requirements are followed.
- In liaison with the clinician, account for all patients/samples that have been referred to the hub
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in medical laboratory
- At least one year working experience
- Working in TB clinic and previous project experience will be an added advantage
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow project-specific procedures and guidelines reliably.
- Ability to multi-task and take on different roles as needed
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer technology including word processing (e.g. Microsoft Word), email and basic data entry (e.g. Microsoft Excel)
Eligible candidates are requested to email their application letters, CV and copy of their certificates to: email@example.com on or before Wednesday 26th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Plainsview Nursing Home is an equal opportunity employer.